FAMILY PHOTO 2012
PEOPLE AND SERVICE FIRST
TELEVISION SPOTLIGHT LEADS TO A LIFE-CHANGING JOB OFFER
A graduate of Simon Fraser University, Henry’s BA in Economics landed him a job with a start-up textiles company in 1988. CBC television, in 1990, showcased this burgeoning business in a report on Asian success stories. Henry, whose hard work and initiative proved a valuable asset to the company, was prominently featured in the report, and a viewer, impressed with him, contacted Henry and offered him a job in his property development company. Henry started as a liaison between the developer and the owners, but his role changed one day when a young couple came in to the development looking for their first home. The concept of pre-sales was new to Vancouver’s real estate market, and the couple found themselves a little out of their element. Henry talked them through the process of buying and since then, he has helped hundreds of satisfied clients find the right home.
FORCE OF CHARACTER COMBINED WITH BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
As a real estate investor himself, with a number of rental properties throughout Vancouver and Richmond, Henry brings tangible experience to his clients. With 13 years of real estate sales experience, which included project marketing, and 4 years in real estate development and construction, he brings a broad and varied perspective. He specializes in the Vancouver and Richmond residential markets and speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin and 95% of his business comes from direct referrals. His natural and deep personal values and business ethics are obvious: if you satisfy people, genuinely care about their best interests, are honest, informative, and are generous with your time and knowledge, this does more for your career than anything else. People first. The energy he puts into his work makes this obvious. Whether someone is buying their first home or selling their sixth property, whether now or later or simply just curious about local market conditions, Henry will provide as much time and information as is needed.
When working with sellers, Henry provides a comprehensive market analysis and land appraisal on their property. He works to get sellers the best price possible and attends every property showing. His network of contacts assures maximum exposure for any property he lists. Besides advertising in a variety of newspapers and www.henryso.com, www.craigslist.com, www.remax.ca, www.realtylink.org, www.mls.ca, Henry also has access to several Royal Bank property listing boards and sends out new listing and open house emails to his colleagues and contacts.
When Henry is working with buyers, he represents them to the fullest of his abilities, is thorough and open, believing that everyone deserves a home. He has an instinct for exploring all possibilities and strives to make clients aware of their options and comfortable with their decisions. They can expect the same level of comprehensive service regardless of price range. When looking for a new home he encourages buyers to come up with two lists - needs and wants. Buyers then receive automatic emails of all available properties that meet their needs and as many of their wants as possible. Henry believes that buyers should view as many properties as he can find, to make them aware of all of their choices, and encourages them to consider any properties within their price range - not just the ones at the top end of their budget or for which they qualify. Buying a home is a long-term commitment and he presents alternatives so that clients have the option of making decisions they can live with comfortably and with ease.
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
One look at the family picture tells you what’s most precious in Henry’s life - and it’s not riding his Harley Davidson or working on his Datsun 240Z, although these do provide great down time and opportunities to unwind. As evidence of his distinguished career, Henry is 16 years Goldmaster Medallion Club (2011) and a recipient of the prestigious Re/Max Hall of Fame, Platinum and 100% Club Top Sales Awards. A number of charities benefit from Henry’s success as well, most notably the Children’s Miracle Network, which receives a portion of each sale he makes.
For Henry So, Customer Satisfaction is Priority NUMBER ONE
- 18 years in real estate sales, including project marketing.
- 4 years in real estate development and construction (multi and single family homes).
- 16 years Goldmaster Medallion Club member for being in the top 10% in sales volume out of over 10,700 active licensees in the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (2011).
- Multiple Top Sales Awards for achieving Excellence in Sales.
- Prestigious RE/MAX Hall of Fame, RE/MAX Platinum and RE/MAX 100% Club Top Sales Awards.
- RE/MAX Real Estate Services is Vancouver's highest-producing realty office.
- Continuous participation in professional training programs.
- Specializing in new and re-sell single family homes and condominiums.
- Languages spoken: English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- 90% of business comes from direct referrals.
- Specializing in the Vancouver and Richmond residential markets.
- RE/MAX Registered Relocation Specialist.
- Graduate of Simon Fraser University ('87) majored in Economics.
- Past Member of Professional Conduct Committee at Vancouver Real Estate Board.
- Past Member of Medallion Club task force at the Vancouver Real Estate Board.